Go Wild describes a range of outdoor adventures for families to share, including foraging for wild food, the magical excitement of making fires, cooking over the hot coals and making your own shelter. For eight-year-olds through to young teenagers there are tempting alternatives to computers and hanging out: brilliant ideas for having fun that will also help them to learn new skills and give them independence and confidence.
From making a catapult to catching crayfish, creating fire without matches to constructing a tepee, Go Wild is all about thrilling activities, amazing discoveries and kids having the time of their lives in the great outdoors.
- “Go Wild! is just what families need to escape from virtual worlds and rediscover the wonders of the real one. It provides the perfect recipe for transforming cotton wool kids into confident, independent, resilient young people. Every family should have a copy.” Sue Palmer, author of Toxic Childhood
- “A joyous celebration of independence, the great outdoors and taking risks, this is the ideal solution to a credit crunch summer holiday – nature comes conveniently free” Daily Mail
- “If your children are fascinated by Ray Mears and Bear Grylls then try this very accessible introduction to the wildlife.” Families Magazine
- Go Wild! Is aimed at families giving you the confidence and knowledge to teach your children new skills in bushcraft and how to appreciate the wilder world. Split into easily digestible chapters on shelter, fire, foraging, tools and lots more, it emphasises safety and takes you step by step through activities and crafts that will keep you and your children spellbound for hours…Robin Hood would have been proud to own this book. Evolve – Natural History Museum magazine
- An essential addition to the kit bag of any budding outdoor adventurer. Country Life